With the holiday season upon us, energy and relaxation can be in short supply. This tasty recipe gives you a boost of both, in one healthy and easy to whip up drink. Matcha powder is an antioxidant powerhouse, providing a calming yet energizing feeling while detoxifying your body and boosting your metabolism. All the things we so need this time of year! Lavender adds a relaxing floral note to this recipe, and Manuka honey gives it a sweet taste and immune boosting anti-viral powers. Enjoy this every morning and cheers to a healthy, happy, calm holiday season.
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 splash vanilla extract (optional)
- Manuka honey to taste
- 1 drop food grade lavender essential oil (optional)
- Bring coconut milk to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Whisk in the matcha, vanilla, honey to taste, and lavender, whisking rapidly until the matcha and honey dissolve and the milk begins to foam.
- Serve hot, or pour over ice, and enjoy!
Note: Consult with your doctor if you’re pregnant or nursing before ingesting essential oils. And don’t worry, Holden didn’t consume any matcha- he’s got enough natural energy all on his own!