Summertime calls for simplicity. This no cook recipe comes in handy during the warmer days of August when turning on your oven is the last thing you want to do. Hardly a recipe, consider these ingredients a suggestion for highlighting the sweetness of honeydew melon, at its best in August.
- 1 whole ripe honeydew melon, rind cut off, seeds removed, and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- generous sprinkling of flake sea salt (like Maldon)
- a few generous cracks of black pepper
- a sprinkling of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, parsley, chives, whatever you have on hand, chopped
Combine all your ingredients together in a bowl and toss well to combine. Serve with an extra sprinkling of sea salt and herbs if you like.