Below is the first recipe with my new collaboration with Rebel Fish Salmon. This sustainable seafood company makes fresh and healthy meals quick and accessible, with their ready-to-cook salmon with a variety of thoughtful seasoning rubs. Rebel Fish takes the guesswork out of healthy meal planning, and I was able to pull this seasonal recipe together in less than 30 minutes. Feel free to cook up some additional vegetables and toss them with the pesto recipe below. The bright flavors and seasonal produce in this recipe scream summer, and are perfect for an easy weeknight meal, yet feel special enough for weekend entertaining.
- Serves 2
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 packages Rebel Fish Salmon (the Lemon Pepper Herb flavor works great here)
- 2 medium size ripe Heirloom tomatoes, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 small handful fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts (optional- but delicious!)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Pat each salmon fillet dry with a paper towel, than season on all sides with the spice packet, pressing the spices into the fish. Roast in your preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until you reach your desired doneness.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the pesto. Combine the basil, garlic, olive oil, hemp hearts, and lemon juice in a high-speed blender, and blitz to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the salmon and tomatoes between two plates, and drizzle with the pesto. Serve with additional pesto on the side. Enjoy!