This banana coconut bread makes the perfect grab-and-go breakfast. It’s also a healthy option to grab when those 4 o’clock hunger pangs strike. Have a few bananas on your counter that look a bit past their peak? Those are perfect for this bread- the more ripe your bananas, the more flavor your bread will have. All you need is a bowl and a spoon to mix this up, and it makes your whole kitchen smell fantastic as it bakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all the wet ingredients until well combined. Mash in the bananas until you have a smooth consistency. Add all the dry ingredients, and fold everything together until well combined.
- Pour into your prepared pan, and smooth the top with your spoon. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a knife inserted into the bread comes out clean, and the top is browned and you’ve got a nice crust.
- Serve this with a bit of butter or cream cheese, or just enjoy it plain.
Note: Keep the leftover bread in a plastic bag or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap so it doesn’t dry out.
Read the full post on Bachelor Kitchen.