This recipe is excerpted from the beautiful seasonal online magazine recently launched by my friend Molly of MollyMy.com. I was lucky enough to collaborate with her on some fun entertaining recipes for the summer, and these grilled chicken tacos are my new entertaining go-to. Perfect celebrating with family and friends, and enjoying the warmer, lighter evenings of summer.
Be sure to check out Molly’s My Magazine for more lifestyle & entertaining tips, and lots of delicious summer entertaining recipes.
Makes 4 tacos
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 1 tomato, seeded & diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 corn tortillas
- Hot sauce, to serve
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Season your chicken breasts on both sides with a pinch of salt, and sear them on the hot grill. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through and slightly charred in places. Let the chicken rest while you make the pico de gallo.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, jalapeno, tomato, onion, cilantro, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Slice your chicken breasts into strips, and toss with 1 tablespoon lime juice, and a pinch of black pepper.
- To serve, warm your tortillas in the oven, and top each with a few strips of grilled chicken and a spoonful of pico de gallo. Enjoy!
Photo by Jodee Debes.