With the warmer days and longer, lighter evenings, we’re all craving lighter, brighter cocktails. This Grapefruit Palomita fits the bill. Inspired by a cocktail I recently had at April Bloomfield’s new NYC restaurant Salvation Taco, this drink pops with fresh grapefruit flavor and plenty of refreshing fizz. Make it for your next dinner party, or enjoy it on a warm lazy afternoon.
- 5 shots vanilla vodka of your choice (or infuse your own, its easy!)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup ginger ale or ginger soda
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- splash of vanilla extract
- lime slices and ice to serve
- First, make your vanilla sugar to rim the glasses. On a shallow plate, mix the sugar with just enough vanilla extract to make it sandy (it won’t take much!)
- Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of each glass, and dip them into the vanilla sugar to leave a nice, thin coating on the rim of the glasses.
- Put a few ice cubes in each glass, and add the vanilla vodka. Top off with the grapefruit juice and the ginger soda, distributed evenly between all the glasses.
- Give each glass a gentle stir, and top with a thin round slice of lime. Enjoy!