This quick & easy appetizer makes autumn entertaining a cinch. Just keep a container of Ducktrap River of Maine smoked trout pate in your fridge, and a few other basics on hand, to easily throw this together when friends come over. Don’t be afraid, there’s not a fishy flavor in sight here- just clean, delicious seafood that’s easy to enjoy. Ducktrap River of Maine provides high quality and sustainable seafood, still smoked and cured in small batches on site in Maine. Check out their website for a full list of products, including smoked salmon just asking for a bagel.
This dish barely merits a recipe, its so quick and simple. Feel free to adjust the ingredients below based on your preferences.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4-6 as an appetizer
- 1 package Ducktrap River of Maine Smoked Trout Pate
- 1 sleeve of your favorite crackers
- 1 cup micro-greens
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 splash fresh lemon juice
- Pink Himalayan sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- In a small bowl, toss together the micro-greens with a bit of lemon juice and olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper, tossing well to combine. You just want to lightly dress the greens, not drown them, so use a light hand here.
- Spread the pate evenly between all the crackers, and top with the micro-greens, dividing them evenly between each cracker.
- Serve with extra lemon wedges on the side, and enjoy!
Pairing Note: This appetizer goes especially well with a buttery chardonnay, a crisp & citrus forward sauvignon blanc, or a light pinot noir.