This easy & healthy recipe makes the most of summer corn and tomatoes, and you won’t even guess it’s both gluten free & vegan- it tastes that delicious! This dish also holds up super well as leftovers, making it the perfect recipe to double up on for packing school or work lunches during the week.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves 4 (makes great leftovers!)
- 1 package gluten free pasta shells (try one made with lentils or beans for good texture)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ears corn, stripped of kernels
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons pesto (homemade or your favorite store-bought version)
- 3 tablespoons Vegenaise (or your favorite vegan mayo)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped basil, to serve
- Cook the pasta per box instructions, making sure to salt the cooking water well. Drain and rinse with cool water once cooked.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, and sauté until just starting to turn golden, 1-2 minutes. Add the corn kernels, along with a generous pinch of salt, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, and turn off the heat. Add the pesto and Vegenaise, and stir well to combine.
- Toss in the cooked pasta, and make sure it’s all well coated with the sauce. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving platter, and top with fresh chopped basil. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Note: You can add some shredded chicken, grilled shrimp, or extra veggies to round out your meal. And if you’re neither gluten free nor vegan, feel free to use regular pasta and/or regular mayonnaise.